One step closer…
After a hopeful meeting with CTFC we are one step closer to grant approval and getting started on our ECC Connected project. the current objectives are:
1. By December 1, 2006, establish training partners – Brain Jams, SeniorNet, Eastmont Computer Center, and set up project management site.
2. By February 1, 2007, complete development of the training curriculum, tools and lead trainers. Identify potential community issues to integrate into the training and announce the training roll-out. In conjunction with ECC, begin identifying individuals to recruit to participate in the training program.
3. By April 1, 2007, coordinate the initial training of 30 seniors and 15 youth. Identify and coordinate the training process for 3 D-scribes (citizen journalists). D-Scribes will attend civic meeting and events to report on them.
4. By May 1, 2007, facilitate the trainee’s identification of a specific civic / legislative issue that they will focus their communication / outreach efforts on. Begin outreach and advocacy effort to the relevant local officials linked to the chosen issue.
5. By June 1, 2007, establish a plan and time frame for subsequent sessions to take place, including a participant debriefing session and a public event based around the chosen civic issue. Have a structure in place for Eastmont Computer Center to maintain the program.
6. By December 2007, 30 seniors and 15 youth are trained on and actively using web-based social networking and advocacy tools to participate in public debates and/or influence local public policy.